Metrilus Aiolos Finger Tracking
We are excited to share our Finger Tracking library Aiolos for Kinect v2 with you. At this time, Aiolos is still in an experimental stage. Feel free to play with it, but don’t expect it to be perfect, yet. To improve #Aiolos we are interested in your feedback! What do you use it for? How would you like to use it? Please also tell us if you find bugs. This is especially important for us to further develop Aiolos.
- 2-D position of finger tip-, middle- and root joint
- 2-D contour points of the hand
- 3-D position of finger tip-, middle- and root joint
- 3-D contour points of the hand
- finger labeling (experimental)
Metrilus Aiolos by Metrilus GmbH is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
If you wish to use Metrilus Aiolos in a commercial project, please contact us.
What is inside my download?
Metrilus Aiolos contains
- The Aiolos engine library: Aiolos.dll (this is the most important part as it contains the algorithms and interface you will use for your application)
- Sample code in C#/.NET (a minimum sample showing you how to use Aiolos.dll)
- A demo called AiolosK4W_OSC.exe (there is no source code available for this demo, however you can use it as an TCP/IP server for OSC transmission of the detected data)
Metrilus Aiolos is free. For the free version only very limited support can be provided by us. If you need extended support, support packages are commercially available. If you need support, please contact us and we will send you a quote.
- Avira Antivirus does a wrong classification of AiolosK4W_OSC.exe. This is a false alarm, we are working to get rid of this message.
- To run the GUI example you need to install Visual Studio Redistibutables 2012 / x86.
Download Aiolos Hand and Finger Tracking
Aiolos for Kinect v2 works side by side with the Kinect SDK. Get the infrared and depth images, put them into Aiolos, and get three 3D points for each finger. The download also includes a small sample program.
You will need to install the Kinect SDK 2.0 available at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/kinectforwindows/
If Aiolos doesn’t work, ask us for help.